Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Herzlich Willkommen!

Hello everyone,

As I have been recently struck by the black death (a viral infection), and the German healthcare system is actually a decent one, I am suddenly facing an entire week off of work to rest, relax, and recooperate. Anyone who knows me knows how good I am at resting, relaxing, and recooperating. Hence, the birth of my blog.

I figured I would use this blog to keep track of the strange and/or delightful culture shocks I experience throughout the year. I anticipate the number of culture shocks to be bigger than my lymph nodes, so particularly curious souls should check back in every once in a while for updates.

Without further ado, I present to you, my ongoing collection of Shameless Generalizations About German People.

Love,
Emma/Emmy

4 comments:

  1. Out of all of the people that I've ever met I think you might be the best at resting, relaxing, and recooperating. Unprecedented levels of chilling out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very excited for some fever-brained observations about a far superior social support system

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine a better forum or author and will be tuning in regularly for doses of German minutiae

    ReplyDelete
  4. brb printing every post and hand binding the pages so i have a guidebook when i come to visit you (bonus: something for you to autograph)

    ReplyDelete

Culture Shock #35: It's about windows again

This is more of a public service announcement than a blog post. I'm here to spread the good word that German windows are NOT UV protecte...