Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Culture Shock #27: Germans don't eat s'mores

I know, right?! I can hardly believe it myself. It's not that Germans are spiritually or culturally against the idea of s'mores. The gooey delight has simply yet to enter the collective German consciousness. They don't know how lucky they are to have me. As soon as the weather warms up, I will nobly take it upon myself to teach the good people of Germany what American summers taste like. 

Comment below your personal s'mores quirks. Mine are:

1. Sticking a piece of chocolate in the marshmallow pre-roast

2. Generously smearing the insides of the graham cracker with crunchy peanut butter

(Just thinking out loud here...I might have to make the graham crackers myself because they're really not a thing here. Nana, please send me your recipe. Oh and also your charoset recipe, if you happen to have a written version, because I want to make some for my kiddos on Friday to teach them about Passover. Oh god, speaking of, better send me a matzoh recipe too...)

2 comments:

  1. The one who taught you all the peanut butter hacksApril 17, 2024 at 5:23 PM

    That’s all

    ReplyDelete
  2. they will sing songs about you, much like Johnny Appleseed. Emma S'more. Emma's Gooey Delight.

    ReplyDelete

Culture Shock #35: It's about windows again

This is more of a public service announcement than a blog post. I'm here to spread the good word that German windows are NOT UV protecte...