Friday, October 13, 2023

Culture Shock #7: Germans kvetch like Jews

Trust me, I understand the weight of the comparison I'm making. I didn't think anyone could kvetch like The Jews could until I moved here. It took some time to do the math to figure out how this might even be possible. Here, let me show my work:


German Love Affair With Order, Efficiency, and Punctuality

German Tendency to Talk to Strangers

=

Older women in the grocery store coming up to me to complain that the check-out line is too long and the Christmas stuff is already stocked but there are no more tampons with recycled cardboard applicators.


Let it be known that I will do my best to defend the Jewish title of #1 Best Kvetchers, but lemme tell you, these Germans will not make it easy for me.

2 comments:

  1. I expect a followup exploration regarding the open windows and the Jews... IT"S SO DRAFTY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. who says math isn't your strong suit!!

    ReplyDelete

Culture Shock #35: It's about windows again

This is more of a public service announcement than a blog post. I'm here to spread the good word that German windows are NOT UV protecte...